I am getting tons of spam!
Let's face it, spam is a fact of life that we all live with. However, there are certain things you can do to cut down on the amount of spam you recieve.
- Only set up the mailboxes you actually use, then set the default email address to bounce or fail. You can do this through your control panel.
- Do not use autoresponders, they only validate your email address. They should be short term solutions used only if necessary.
- Don't give your personal email address out to anyone but people who really need to have it. Don't use it on forms, etc. on websites. Have a secondary email address to use for that purpose and when it gets too overrun by spam, delete it and make a new one.
- Make use of SpamAssassin in your control panel.
- Get an anti-spam program. Norton has one built in to their Internet Security Suite. McAfee has one available for stand-alone purchase.
- Use the spam and junk mail filters in your mail client (Outlook, Eudora, etc.).
None of these will get rid of spam entirely, but some will help cut down enough that you can find the emails you want to read in between the junk email!
Was this answer helpful?
You have been blocked from emailing the Comcast network because you are sending email from...
You should, whenever possible, be using your ISP as the outgoing mail server. Most high speed...
Why are auto-responders (and delayed bounces) bad?Lately, more and more people find their...
You will need to leave your computer on, Outlook open, and hi-speed connection on while you are...
More likely, someone is simply "spoofing" your email address.� It's simple to...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution